I am a sweet tooth. I love to eat desserts, and more importantly, I love to make them. Sometimes I am making complex cakes with a lot of ingredients, and on some occasions, I prefer a dessert made in a couple of minutes. One of my 2-minutes favorite desserts is the vanilla funfetti mug cupcake. I have made it quite a few times for myself, kids and guests.
Vanilla funfetti mug cake is perfect when you don’t want to stand in the kitchen for more than 5 minutes. You don’t want to go out but still need a delicious and soft cake. It is an excellent thing for dorm residents, students, and “inexperienced cooks.” So ladies and gentlemen, get ready. I am sure you are going to love it.
Read more: Honey Lavender Cupcakes Recipe
Vanilla Funfetti Mug Cake Recipe
- 2 tbsp butter melted and unsalted
- 2 tbsp Sugar You can use Maple syrup alternatively.
- 2 tbsp Almond milk
- 4 tbsp Flour (all-purpose)
- 1 Whole Egg yolk
- 1 tbsp Vanilla extract
- 1 tbsp Baking powder
- 1 tbsp Sprinkles
- Grab your favorite microwave-safe mug. Add all the ingredients into the cup and mix them well. The contents must be combined with the fork.
- This recipe calls for only egg yolk. Please keep the egg white away from the mug.
- Cook in the microwave for 1 minute and 45 seconds. Keep an eye on the contents of the mug while it moves in the oven. When the microwave beeps, the top of the cake will be settled.
- Feel free to garnish with ice cream, whipped cream, nutmeg, chocolate chips, crushed cookies, or crushed chocolate. My personal favorite is a layer of whipped cream and nutmeg. Oh! The goodness is awesome.
Some Tips and Tools for making the Mug Cake
- I remember my mom separating egg yolks by swapping from eggshell to eggshell. I thought it was fun, but then I tried it, and it is one of the boring cooking chores. Say goodbye to swapping from one shell to another with this beautiful and highly effective yolk separator. It is a perfect accessory for people who need yolks or whites for different recipes.
- Looking for new mugs? You can find beauty and durability with these multicolor porcelain-made cups.
- Who doesn’t like rainbow sprinkles? We have got the cutest and tasty sprinkles here for you.
- Make sure that you are using a microwave-safe mug. I have been through this peril before and ended up exploding a mug in the micro. So, be careful here, please!
- Depending on the strength of the microwave oven you are using, you may need to heat the mug for 2-3 minutes. The best way to ensure that everything is properly cooked is by checking that the top of the cake is stable and not wobbling here and there.
- If the top is stable but appears wet, let it sit for a couple of minutes. The moisture will evaporate, and you will have a nice solid top.
Read more like this: Cake Mix Taste Like a Bakery Cake
I am sure you will love the vanilla mug cake recipe above. It is an instant mood lifter. I have just given you an instant kind handler sweet trick. Roll it up to your sleeve and try it when you are in the mood for a yum yum vanilla mug cake.