Are the holidays around the corner, and you still haven’t decided what’s on your dessert menu this year. Don’t worry; we have something finger-licking good for you. With our Pumpkin Pie Rice Krispie Treat recipe, the thanksgiving holidays this year will be truly amazing for you. So, bookmark this page right now because we are just going to reveal a deliciously scrumptious recipe for you.
Pumpkin Pie Rice Krispie Treats For Thanksgiving
- 6 Cup Rice Krispie Cereal
- 10 Oz Marshmallows
- ¼ Cup Butter
- 1 tbsp Pumpkin Pie Spice
- 1 tbsp Vanilla Extract
- 5 drops Orange Food Dye
- 1 tbsp Cinnamon
- Begin by greasing a pie tin with butter. Set it aside.
- Grab two large bowls. Add 2 cups of Rice Krispie cereal in one bowl and 4 in the other.
- In the same way, add 4oz of marshmallows in one bowl and 6 oz in one bowl.
- You will need a saucepan. Add 4 oz of marshmallows and a couple of spoons of butter in a medium-sized saucepan and set it over medium heat. Keep on stirring continuously. Once the contents melt and take the texture of a gel, add half of the vanilla extract. Keep on stirring.
- Once everything is mixed in, add 2 cups of Rice Krispie cereal. Keep on mixing until the contents appear well combined and homogenous. You will need to press this into a ring outside of the pie pan. The ring may not stay on the sides of the pie pan. Don’t stress here. When you are doing the center, it will be easier to get the sides up and solid.
- It is now time to prepare the center part of the treat.
- Add the remaining part of marshmallows and butter to the saucepan. Add pumpkin pie spice, cinnamon, and orange food dye according to your liking. If you want the pie to appear dark orange, then add around 8-10 drops. For a medium shade, 5-6 drops will be perfect. Mix the contents until everything gels in.
- Empty the saucepan in the 6-cup cereal bowl. Now it is time to test your physical strength. Get ready for some elbow grease. Mix vigorously until everything appears combined. Got an electric whisker? You know what to do ;).
- Prepare the center of the pie pan with the Pumpkin Rice Krispies. Straighten out the mixture by pressing down. Make the appearance flat and tight. It will give you uniform and smooth cuts. If the mixture is too sticky to press down, let it cool for 4-5minutes. Press it down with the help of parchment paper.
- Your treat is now ready. Let it chill for an hour or two, cut and serve.
Calories: 164 kcal, carbs: 31g, proteins: 1g, total fat: 8g (saturated: 3g, trans fat: 1g), cholesterol: 10mg, sodium, 126mg, potassium: 21mg, fiber: 1g, sugar: 15g, vitamin A: 1050IU, vitamin C: 9mg, calcium: 4mg, iron: 4mg.
Please note that the nutritional values can vary according to the ingredients. The above information has been prepared with the help of the best available sources at the time of writing.
Some Information and Tips about Rice Krispie Treats
- These treats and gluten-free. Gluten is just dead weight in food, it provides no nutritional benefits, so it is better to stay away from it.
- Kids love Rice Krispie treats. They can get a lot of nutrients from it, and it tastes too good.
- Oh, so you can’t divide the ingredients, don’t worry. This economical kitchen scale will help you do it. It is an amazing machine, I use it all the time, and I suggest you get one for yourself as well. It will come in handy during cooking and other household tasks.
- Got stale marshmallows? Don’t worry; use some extra butter in the recipe. The melted marshmallows must be smooth, silky, and shiny. Extra butter will do the needful. You need the marshmallows to appear like shiny ribbons when you pick the melted mixture up and drop it in the saucepan.
- Parchment paper is a lifesaver when you have to deal with sticky mixtures. It is compostable parchment paper. Don’t worry; you can just through it in your compost bins.
- You can also use pumpkin spice mallows in place of regular pumping pie spice and regular marshmallows.
- Use whipped cream on pie slices to make them more delicious. Whipped creamed garnished with nutmeg or crushed cookies, oh my God, sounds too mouthwatering!!
Some Final Thoughts
Keeping things simple with your recipes is the best way to go forward. I don’t want to overcomplicate things for you. I know that you have to cook other things for holidays and make the main course as well, so it is better to keep the dessert part simple.