You will be surprised to know that an average American eats 46 slices of pizza in one year. This makes it a whopping 23 pounds of pizza in one year. However, trends in pizza consumption are now changing. More flavors, variations, and recipes are being followed around the country. In recent times, pizza cones have taken the internet by storm.
Pizza is my all-time favorite. I resort to ordering/making pizza when I can’t think of anything else. While you can customize your pizza in a lot of ways, have you ever tried taking the pizza game to a whole new level? Yes, I am talking about pizza cones. Pizza cone is an interesting and tasty take on the standard pizza. It looks like cone ice cream but has the pizza flavors in it. Today, I am going to discuss this not-so-old treat on the block.
Pizza Cones Recipe
- 1 can Refrigerated thin pizza crust
- 1 can Pizza sauce
- 1 cup Shredded pizza cheese mozzarella and cheddar
- 1 cup Vegetable of your choice mushrooms, olives, green pepper
- 1 cup Assorted meats of your choice bacon, mini pepperoni, chicken
- Begin by rolling out the pizza dough to 1/8 inch. Since you are using a thin pizza crust, you don’t need to roll it out too much. Make sure you roll it enough to adjust cone cutter twice, and you end up with two pizza cones.
- Remove the excess dough after slicing the cones. Don’t through away the leftovers. You can use them to make bread sticks
- Once the dough is cut, you need to moisten the edges with water. Then, fold the dough in half so that the edges meet with each other.
- Press down the seam with your fingers gently, and then use the crimper to seal the seam. You can do this by running the crimper along the edges of the folded dough.
- Your cones are now ready; let them rest for 15-20 minutes.
- While the cones are resting, preheat your oven to 400 degrees Fahrenheit. If you are using an old oven or there are some issues with your oven’s thermometer, we suggest you use an external thermometer to check the oven’s temperature.
- Once the dough is firm, make cones from it. Be very careful and gentle here. Exerting extra force and working too hard on the cones can destroy the shape and firmness of the cones. You have to make sure that they have enough stability to hold the ingredients.
- Bake the cones for 5-7 minutes or until the cones get brown. The best way to ensure that cones are not overcooked is to stay near the oven while cones are being baked.
- Remove the cones and let them cool. Wait for the time until you can touch them with your bare hands.
- Now place the cones in the pizza cone stand and add all the ingredients.
- Place the cones stand in the oven and bake for 22-30 minutes or until the cones get golden. Make sure you stay near the oven while baking.
- Remove the cone stand, take out the pizza cones and enjoy a delicious meal.
Calories: 240 Kcal/cone
Please note that the nutritional information given above is not 100% correct and may change according to the variations in the recipe. The above information has been prepared using the best available sources at the time of the writing.
Some Tools and Tips Needed for Making Pizza Cones
- Oven Thermometer: Some ovens start to malfunction over the years. Most of the time, it is the oven thermometer that creates problems. You can solve this problem by using an additional oven thermometer.
- Pizza cone Stand: Looking to make your pizza cones appear magical. I have the perfect pizza cone stand for you. You can arrange it in the center of the table. I am sure; everyone’s going to love it.
- If you can’t find a cone cutter, you will have to use a regular pizza cutter to cut the dough into a cone shape. You can also use any cone-shaped object for cutting the dough. All you have to do is place the object over the dough and trace it with a pizza cutter.
- Make sure you don’t overload the cones with ingredients. The ingredients must not exceed the holding capacity of the cones.
- We suggest you go with ingredients from your favorite brands. Trying new things is fine, but it shouldn’t come at the cost of a ruined recipe.
Pizza in a cone is an amazing twist to the standard pizza recipe. I am a pizza lover, and I love to have pizzas in different shapes and with different tastes. I once got a chance to eat pocket pizza and loved it as well. The best way to enjoy pizza cones is with your friends and family. So call everyone to your place, make some pizza cones with our recipe and enjoy.