Oreos, Oreos and Oreos. I love Oreos. I mean, who doesn’t. Well, there may be a few people who don’t like Oreos. Oreo shakes, desserts and cakes are loved by people of all age groups. Oreo desserts are easy to make and perfect for feeding a large crowd.
Today, I am going to discuss one of my favorite Oreo recipes with you. People, make way for “Oreo Brownies”. These brownies are easy to make, deliciously superior, fudgy, rich with chocolate, and filled with the yummy taste of Oreos. I have made this recipe so many times that it is now my go-to Oreo brownie recipe. Whenever I serve them at crowds, parties, or bring them to the office, everyone loves them and craves a bite. Whenever I am invited to a birthday party or housewarming party, I prefer to make these brownies because they look tempting, taste delicious, are easy to make, and frankly speaking, they don’t cost you too much. So, if you were worried about housewarming parties, birthday parties, grilling parties, and family gatherings, don’t worry anymore because you have the perfect dessert recipe with you. *High Five*.
Let’s check out the recipe.
Oreo Brownie Recipe
Easy Oreo Brownie Recipe
- 1¼ cup Unsalted butter
- 1½ cup Granulated sugar
- ¾ cup Cocoa powder
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- 2 whole Eggs
- 2 teaspoons Vanilla extract
- ½ cup All-purpose flour
- ½ cup Chocolate chips
- 16 cookies Oreos
- 8 cookies Chopped Oreos
- The first step is to preheat your oven at 350F/180C.
- You will need an 8x8 inch square baking pan for baking the cupcakes. Line your baking pan with foilor parchment paper and set it aside. You will need it pretty soon.
- You can use a microwave or a stove for mixing the ingredients. If you are using a microwave oven, make sure you use a microwave-safe bowl. Add butter, sugar and cocoa powder to the bowl and heat for 30 seconds. Remove the bowl and mix it well. Keep on doing this 3-4 times until the contents are combined well and feel hot to touch. If you are using a stove and saucepan, set the heat on medium and keep on mixing the contents until they combine well and become fluffy.
- Add vanilla extract and one egg. Now mix the contents well, so everything is combined. Next, add the second egg and mix again. It is best to do the mixing with a handheld mixer. Save your elbow grease and get better results.
- Add flour and chocolate chips and mix until fully combined. Make sure the chocolate chips don’t melt into the warm mixture. This is one of the most technical steps while making the Oreo brownies. If the chocolate chips melt into the batter, they won’t give their individual taste.
- It is now time to fill the baking pan. First, pour half of the prepared mixture into the baking pan and spread whole Oreo cookies evenly over the batter. Finally, pour the remaining batter over the cookies.
- Top with chopped cookies and let it bake for 30-35 minutes. The baking time may vary depending on the condition of your oven and the preset temperature. Hence, make sure that you keep a look at the progress. We don’t want burnt brownies after putting in so much effort.
- Another way to ensure proper baking is to insert a toothpick in the baking pan and check how it comes out. If the toothpick comes out clean with a few crumbs, you have done a great job.
- Let the brownies cool down before cutting into squares.
Total fat: 12 grams, saturated fat: 6 grams, cholesterol: 42 milligrams, sodium: 89 milligrams, carbohydrates: 36 grams, fiber: 2 grams, Sugar: 27 grams, proteins: 3 grams.
Please note that the nutritional information given above may not be 100% correct and can change according to variations in the recipe. It has been prepared using the best available sources at the time of the writing.
Tips and Tools for making Oreo Brownies:
- Baking Pan: A lot of people use cake baking pans to make brownies. This is a big mistake. I did it a couple of times and ended up with de-shaped brownies. When it comes to baking brownies, you have two options. Either you can go for a baking pan with dividers or look for a baking pan with dividers for brownies. We understand that buying a separate pan for baking brownies may disturb your budget, but perfection comes at a cost.
- Parchment Paper: When you use parchment paper, you have to keep two things in mind. Effectiveness and environmental impact; the parchment paper I use takes care of both these factors. So, if you want a hygienic, environmentally friendly, effective, and affordable parchment paper, here is the best deal.
- Microwave Safe Mixing Bowls: A baker/cook is very keen on the mixing bowl. So, if you want a replacement or are looking for my recommendation, then look no further. This set of mixing bowls is perfect for microwaves and other uses. The best thing about it is that it comes with a 2-year limited warranty on glass.
- Handheld Mixer: Why pain your arms when a machine can provide way better results in less effort. This handheld mixer is a versatile machine. You can use it for various recipes as it offers 5-speed settings and various attachments.
- Digital scale: It is better to go with a digital scale while making measurements in the kitchen. Cup measurements are not very accurate and often mess with the final taste and texture of the brownies or any other thing you are cooking or baking. I use this scale in my kitchen, and it gives me a perfect finish and satisfaction while cooking. It is reliable, durable, and can measure in pounds, grams, milligrams, and fluid volumes. You also get a 1-year warranty with it.
- Rubber Spatulas: Spatulas are needed for mixing the ingredients and cleaning the mixing bowls. Good spatulas like these are compulsory for every kitchen. If you don’t already have a spatula set or you are looking to replace the old ones, give them a try.
- If you want more Oreo flavor, sprinkle some crushed Oreos over the prepared brownies.
- You can keep the brownies fresh for 1 week in an airtight container. If the temperature is pleasant, you can keep them at room temperature. For hot climates, it is better to keep the brownies in the fridge.
- You can also freeze them for up to 3 months. Make sure you thaw them overnight before serving. Heating it for 10 seconds in a microwave oven will give a more delicious taste.
- Don’t skip out on chocolate chips while making these brownies. Chocolate chips give extra flavor and make the brownies extra crunchy.
- The reason behind adding Oreo cookies in the center and top is to create a balanced taste and give a perfect Oreo delight in every bite.
- Don’t cut or remove the brownies until they are completely cool. These brownies are fluffy and fudgy. So they need to be stable and firm until you deal with them.
- Tired of waiting for long cooling times? Remove the pan from the oven, let it cool for 10-15 minutes and then place it in the refrigerator. Don’t forget to place a plastic sheet on the refrigerator’s shelf.
- For extra crunch and a different taste, spread chopped nuts with chopped Oreo cookies on the top layer.
- Don’t compromise on the quality of the cocoa powder. It will set the final chocolaty taste. So, be very careful about its quality.
These brownies are extra tasty, deliciously crunchy, and amazingly mouthwatering. Try it once, and you will love them. It is the perfect treat for kids and adults. I recommend these brownies as an all-season and all-occasion treat.