This is the simplest, egg-free and dairy-free brownie recipe ever. You only need one bowl to create this super chewy Oreo brownie recipe.
Essentially I ran out of eggs, butter, milk, and all the other normal things I use in my baking but had already committed to baking brownies. So like any good baker, I had to adapt.
Nevertheless! I must say, I was very impressed. These are super yummy. If baking is on your to do list but you were also “too busy” to pick up groceries this week like me, this Oreo brownie recipe was made for you.
Disclosure: Some of the links below may be affiliate links. This means that at no extra cost to you, I may earn a small commission if you use the links. To learn more click here.
And real quick before we jump into the Oreo Brownie Recipe, I wanted to make sure that you didn’t miss out on the opportunity to download our brand new (and FREE) e-cookbook called The Small Batch Frenzy.
It has 6 easy small batch recipes of everyone’s favorite comfort desserts. Get it sent straight to your inbox for the exclusive recipes!
The Easiest Oreo Brownie Recipe
You’re going to love how easy these brownies are. As you probably know by now, I’m a lazy baker so you know we’re gonna keep these simple. This Oreo brownie recipe requires only one bowl and is perfect if you’re unable to make it to the grocery store and find yourself out of all your normal ingredients.
They pride themselves on not being overly sweet, yet still perfect. Plus, they’re kid friendly, allergen friendly, and vegan friendly all without ever sacrificing any goodness.
Yes you read that right. They’re vegan friendly. Meaning they are vegan brownies. But they are good. And as a non-vegan, I must say, I feel like that that’s hard to come by in vegan recipes. *shots fired*
Tips for This Oreo Brownie Recipe…
- I know you’ve heard this a thousand times, but make sure you do NOT overmix the brownie batter. Overmixed batter becomes cakier which really isn’t what we want in brownies.
- Make sure that you allow the brownies to cool completely before cutting. This will keep your edges cleaner and make much less of a mess when it comes to serving them.
- Optionally, you can sift your flour and cocoa together so that there are no lumps in your batter and your brownies are even smoother and fudgier. Of course the recipe works just fine without sifting, but if it’s something you want to try, by all means go for it.
- Without the egg or any egg substitute, these will be a little on the cakier side anyways. So I repeat, for the love of God, DO NOT OVERMIX.
- ¾ cup sugar
- ¼ cup brown sugar
- ½ cup hot water
- 260 ml almond milk
- 5 tbsp olive oil
- ⅔ cups cocoa powder
- 2 cups all purpose flour
- ¼ tsp salt
- ½ tsp baking powder
- ½ tbsp vanilla extract
- 20-30 Oreo Cookies
- Start by dissolving your sugars in your hot water. All this to cool a bit and then add your vanilla extract, olive oil, and almond milk to your bowl. Mix until well combined and smooth.
- Next add your baking powder, cocoa powder, flour, and salt and mix until combined.
- Crush up half of your Oreo cookies into small, manageable bits. Then fold those and your (optional) vegan chocolate chips into your batter.
- Transfer your batter to your 9×9 pan and crush the rest of your Oreo cookies (larger chunks are okay this time) to sprinkle over the top.
- Bake your brownies for 25-30min. They may seem a little undercooked when you pull them out but they aren't. Allow to cool fully in the pan so any residual heat will finish cooking them to perfection. Cut into squares and enjoy!
- Store any extras in an air tight container.
This Oreo brownie recipe is deliciously fudgy, simple to make and are a combo of the world’s two greatest gifts: brownies and Oreos. Plus, it’s easy clean up because you only used one bowl…but tbh we all know it’ll still take like three days for us to do the dishes.
Why not spend a Sunday afternoon baking these Oreo brownies, letting the delicious smell permeate your apartment while you binge Netflix. Then you can cut them up and divide them into 7 different Tupperware containers so that you can claim that you are now a master meal prepper.
That’s the way to start off your week on a high note.
And once you’ve made this awesome Oreo brownie recipe, take a pic, post it on the gram and make sure to tag me (@thefulfillmentpill)! I love seeing you creations and really, if you don’t post it on Instagram, did it even happen?
Want more recipes? Check out The Fulfillment Pill’s new e-cookbook The Small Batch Frenzy. It’s filled with 6 small batch recipes of our favorite comfort desserts.
Get it sent straight to your inbox for free below!
Loved this recipe? Share it with everyone you know and love! Sharing is caring after all.