Mini corn dog muffins are an easy savory bake that makes an easy and delicious snack/lunch. Make meal prep easy, tasty, and nostalgic from our childhoods.
Disclosure: Some of the links below may be affiliate links. This means that at no extra cost to you, I may earn a small commission if you use the links. To learn more click here.
You’re going to love these mini corn dog muffins
Were corn dogs a thing in your house? My parents never really bought them which honestly made them so much more exciting when I’d be able to get them at the fair.
(Honestly, I just loved how they were on a stick).
Of course, these corn dogs aren’t on a stick but they are mini. And if there’s anything better than food on a stick, it’s food in miniature form.
These are soft, moist, and oh so tasty. They’re filled with nostalgia of bad fair food and carnivals. But because we are adults and stuff…these are healthier than a normal hot dog.
Sweetened with just a touch of maple syrup, they won’t cause a major sugar crash which is important if you eat them for a meal. See…healthier.
These are also super easy to make. All you need is one bowl and a whisk…no hand mixer required!
What can’t these mini corn dog muffins do?
Need a snack? Mini corn dog muffins.
Meal Prep? Mini corn dog muffins.
Lazy dinner? Mini corn dog muffins.
Potluck? Mini corn dog muffins.
Need Lunch? Mini corn dog muffins.
Need a party food? Mini corn dog muffins.
Almost any food conundrum can be solved with these mini corn dog muffins. (Except if you’re craving dessert…then you’ll need to find another recipe).
But fair warning: these disappear fast. And no, I’m not saying that your kids are going to destroy them. I don’t have kids, I don’t know if that happens.
What I AM saying is that, you’re going to destroy them. They’re going to disappear into your stomach as you enjoy a healthy Netflix binge and maybe even a bubble bath.
Savory muffins and cupcakes are underrated if you ask me. I mean, almost anything meal that you’d bake in the oven can be made in a muffin tin (if you have these silicone cupcake liners…if you don’t have them, most foods are a pain to make in a muffin tin).
Try some of these other savory bakes:
What you’re going to need
- Corn Meal
- All Purpose Flour
- Baking Powder
- Maple Syrup
- Some Smokies mini cocktail sausages
- And of course a handy Mini Muffin Pan
Mini Corn Dogs Muffins
- 1½ cups Yellow corn meal
- 1½ cups all purpose flour
- ¾ tsp baking powder
- ½ tsp salt
- ½ cup melted butter (cooled)
- 2 eggs
- ¼ cup maple syrup
- 1½ cup buttermilk
- 16 mini sausages cut in half
- Preheat oven to 375°F and grease your mini muffin tin with the extra tablespoon of butter really well. Cut 16 mini cocktail wieners in half.
- In a large mixing bowl, mix your buttermilk, butter, maple syrup, and eggs. Mix until well combined.
- Whisk in your corn meal, baking powder, four, and salt. Fill each mini muffin tin cup ⅔ of the way full. Pop in half a mini Smokie sausage into each muffin.
- Bake for 16 minutes. Allow to cool for 10 minutes in the muffin tin before removing them from the pan with a butter knife.
- Serve with your favorite dipping sauce and enjoy! Store leftovers in an airtight container in the fridge for 7-10 days.
Find All The Sweet Tooth Satisfaction Over on Our Instagram!
Mini corn dog muffins are always a fan favorite! I love making a batch on a Friday evening and then enjoying a movie night which means I don’t have to make anything for weekend lunches.
And once you’ve made some of these tasty mini corn dog muffins, take a pic, post it on the gram and make sure to tag me (@thefulfillmentpill)! I love seeing you creations and really, if you don’t post it on Instagram, did it even happen?
Sharing is caring! Do you know someone who would would love this recipe? Share it with them!
See you soon, friends!
Want awesome recipes, fresh baking tips, AND a free cookbook of all your favorite comfort desserts? Get it all sent straight to your inbox! Sign up below!