These mini cherry pies are great for almost every occasion. But these pies were specifically made for a special day. Every year March 14th comes to pass. And every single year I completely forget that March 14th is an important and underrated national holiday. “What holiday?” you ask.
Disclosure: Some of the links below may be affiliate links. This means that at no extra cost to you, I may earn a small commission if you use the links. To learn more click here.Jump to Recipe
Why….it’s Pi Day! Not pie day, but for all my math nerds out there, it’s PI Day…3/14. I love it. It’s nerdy and easily becomes food pun. And I forget it every year. But not this year.
This year I was prepared. And I planned. And then I forgot until 7pm on 3/13. BUT I PULLED THROUGH! And now I present to you these yummy, one bite cherry pies.
Happy Pi Days, ya bunch of fellow nerds.
Mini Cherry Pies
You’re going to love these mini cherry pies for several reasons. For one thing, the cookie crust is perfectly chewy, which makes these easy to eat and extra delicious.
For another, they’re stuffed with a light and fancy (but super easy) cream cheese filling.
And if that all isn’t enough, they’re bite sized…and anything bite sized is automatically better.
Tips for Your Mini Cherry Pies
If you have round measuring spoons, this is the easiest thing to press your cookie cups centers down with because of its perfectly round shape.
If you want the super cool set that I have, get them here!
Put your measuring spoon in the freezer for a couple minutes before using it.
The cold against the heat will cause the cookie cup to have a better, more solid center meaning you’re less likely to have any leaky cups.
You can also easily change up this recipe with any fruit pie filling and make a variety of fancy mini pies.
These include but aren’t limited to, apple pie, strawberry, blueberry, or you can even top the cream cheese filling with chocolate chips for mini chocolate chip pies.
Mini Cherry Pies
- ½ cup butter softened
- ¼ cup brown sugar
- 1 egg
- ½ tsp almond extract
- 1½ cup flour
- ½ tsp baking powder
- ¼ tsp salt
- ¾ cup granulated sugar
- 8 oz cream cheese
- 3 tbsp heavy cream
- 2 cups Powdered sugar
- ½ tsp almond extract
- 1 can cherry pie filling
- Preheat oven to 350°F/180°C and grease your mini muffin tin with super well.
- Cream you butter and sugars together in your stand mixer. Add in your vanilla and egg and mix until combined. Add in your flour, baking powder, and salt and mix until a soft ball of dough forms
- Create 24 small balls of dough (about the size of 2 teaspoons). Press them into the bottoms of your mini muffin tins holes and using a round measuring spoon press the balls down so that they cover the bottom and leave a nice round divot.
- Bake these cups for 11-12 minutes. The edges should brown and still be pretty soft. Remove from the oven and press down the divots with your spoon again. Allow these to cool completely. **
- In the meantime, combine your whipping cream, cream cheese and almond extract and beat it until smooth. Slowly add your powdered sugar and whip it until light and fluffy. Add in ¼ cup of cherry pie filling and beat until smooth (and super pink).
- Transfer the cream cheese frosting to a piping bag. Once your cookie cups have cooled, remove the cups from the pan and pipe the cream cheese filling into the centers. Top each cup with a cherry and enjoy!
Get out there, nerds and celebrate our brilliant math holiday with the most holiday treat out there…pie. Pi Day comes around only once a year and it seems so easy to miss.
I’d like to note that PIE Day is January 23rd. So if you miss Pi Day you’ll have to wait 9 months for Pie Day so keep this in mind….not that you need a holiday to enjoy some tasty mini pies.
Pie Crust Cookies
So once you’ve made these fun mini cherry pies, take a pic, post it on the gram and make sure to tag me (@thefulfillmentpill)! I love seeing you creations and really, if you don’t post it on Instagram, did it even happen?
Sharing is caring! Do you know someone who would love this recipe? Share it with them!
Want more awesome recipes? Check out our new e-book, The Small Batch Frenzy, and get your FREE copy right now! All the recipes are mini, delicious, and meant for only one to two people!