Candies, candies, and candies. Who doesn’t love candies? And homemade candies are loved by kids, teenagers, and adults alike. Jello soft candies are not your typical homemade or store brought candies. These candies have my creative touch, but I am sure that you will find them super easy to make and extremely delicious to taste. Jello soft candy is a perfect way to satisfy your sweet tooth craving. Your coworkers, neighbors, friends, and family will love them all the same.
Jello Soft Candy Recipe
- 3-4 oz jello
- ¼ cup sprite
- 2½-3 cup Powdered Sugar
- You will need a microwave to prepare this recipe. Grab a microwave-safe bowl and add sprite and jello to it. Let it heat for 20-30 seconds or until the Jello is dissolved. Be careful while heating the bowl; sprite can start popping when it is heated.
- Now add 1 cup of powdered sugar in the jello-sprite mixture to a standard mixer bowl.
- Beat the contents until well combined. Now add the remaining sugar in small portions. ¼ cup is a great way to go here because it is easy to dissolve.
- Keep on mixing until a soft dough starts to form.
- Grab a cutting tray or clean the counter of your kitchen. Spread ¼ cup of powdered sugar and knead the dough on it until it stops being sticky.
- Now transfer the dough into an airtight container.
- Now make dough of 2-3 different colors with the help of the above steps.
- Once all the colors are ready, roll the dough into snakes. Just a pro tip: cut the dough into quarters or sixths because of making rolls. It will result in smaller snakes, and they will be easy to cut.
- Now you need to do some stacking. Stack all the different color snakes on top of each other and make sure there is no space between them.
- Grab a sharp knife or a pastry cutter to cut the stacked snakes into ½ -1-inch pieces.
- Now comes the step which will test your patience. Place the candies on the silicone baking mat and let them rest for at least 24 hours. It is a really important step. Skipping it will disturb the texture and end result.
Calories: 15 Kcal, Carbohydrates: 4 grams, Protein: 1 gram, Sodium: 4 milligrams, Sugar: 4 grams
Please note that the nutritional information may not be 100% correct. It can change with respect to changes in the recipe.
Some Tips for Making Jello Candies
- You will need a scale to measure out jellos. If you are new to making desserts that need an exact amount of ingredients, then we have a great scale for you. This super economical and highly accurate scale is a great choice for all households.
- Use a bench scraper to cut the dough into candies. This will give you perfect-sized candies.
- Never cut the dough snakes before 24 hours. Without a 24 hours drying, the candies will result in a gummy texture. We don’t want that to happen.
- If you have leftovers (which is very rare), store them in an airtight container.
Related: Buttercream Candy Truffles Recipe
Jello soft candies are perfect for occasions like Christmas parties, kid’s birthday parties, or making a home candy for your little ones at home. They are light on the pocket, easy to make, and very tasty.