Disclosure: Some of the links below may be affiliate links. This means that at no extra cost to you, I may earn a small commission if you use the links. To learn more click here.
If someone was to describe me in a few words it’d probably sound something like “that girl who’s like Snow White but if Snow White was obsessed with Harry Potter”.
I’ve been called Snow White a lot in my life because I do befriend more animals that people.
And I’m talking wild animals too, not just my pets. Deer eat out of my hand, foxes approach me, ravens and I chill together on the regular, and I have a very feisty gang of squirrels that demand me to feed them when they see me.
Now that the Fantastic Beasts and Where to Find Them movies are here, we might as well call me the female Newt Scamader.
I read Harry Potter the first time when I was in first grade? Maybe earlier than that. All I know is that I read it early and I read it often.
Now even as an adult it is one of the most comforting stories to me. When I’m having a hard day, I’ll turn on the audiobooks and just feel my worries slip away.
Anywho….if you couldn’t tell, I’m a Hufflepuff 100%. I used to be disappointed by that fact because Hufflepuffs weren’t “cool”. But as you can see from the knowledge bomb below, we aren’t “cool”, we’re the coolest.
Don’t @ me on that.
Why Hufflepuff is the best Harry Potter House:
“You might belong in Hufflepuff where they are just and loyal. Those patient Hufflepuffs are true and unafraid of toil”.
I’ve read the Harry Potter books approximately 1,678,938 times and I still stand by the fact that Hufflepuff are the underrated MVPs of Hogwarts.
Hufflepuffs are Fierce AF
Everyone assumes they are cuddly, sweet and harmless. But just like the badger, when shit gets real…they fierce to protect the ones they love.
Hufflepuffs value inclusivity and doing the right thing. They are brave without the need to be reckless and loyal and protective of the ones they love.
Hufflepuffs Take a Stand
Hufflepuffs don’t take a stand in hopes for glory or recognition. They do it because it is based on their morals and values.
Take Newt Scamader for example. Despite the wizarding world’s hatred of magical creatures at the time, Newt does everything he can to help save and protect them.
He uses his knowledge to create a guide to educate others how to embrace the creatures rather than fear and exterminate them.
Even though literally the world was against him and many thought him odd, he stood up for those without a voice because he felt it was right.
Such a Hufflepuff.
Hufflepuffs Avoid the Drama
Helga Hufflepuff stayed out of the fights between the other Hogwarts founders and chose to embrace any student who wished to learn magic into her house.
She valued equal opportunity and giving people a chance. She had no time for the other’s petty rules about being pure blood, or recklessly courageous, or crazy smart to be included. She valued everyone’s unique strengths and formed her own rules rather than getting sucked into the bureaucratic bs.
Tips for Perfect Harry Potter Cupcakes
- I used my simple moist vanilla cupcakes recipe for the base of this cupcake. It’s fantastic because no matter your skill level you can make delicious cupcakes without fancy tools and techniques.
- Chill your batter for 30 minutes or overnight for an extra tender, soft cupcake.
- If you find yourself struggling to get these cupcakes to come out correctly check out this post to troubleshoot your cupcake problem!
- Put your jam into a reusable piping bag to easily fill your cupcake without mess!
- I personally use this set of food coloring. It actually makes black buttercream rather than a weird greyish black.
And when you’re ready to make pro cupcakes with ease (no matter your skill level) get our FREE Perfect Cupcake Guide and get some major skills fast!
Materials for Harry Potter Cupcakes
For Your Cupcakes
An ice cream scoop the size of this one is perfect for ensuring even and consistently sized cupcakes. Plus, it’s wayyy less messy than other methods of scooping cupcake batter.
Silicone cupcake liners are an eco-friendly miracle. I use them for all of my cupcakes and muffin recipes. They’re easy to clean, easy to store, and are firm enough to be baked on a cookie sheet without losing their shape.
Which means you can bake more cupcakes at once than you can in a standard muffin tin.
Use your favorite brand. You can also use another super dark jam like elderberry if blackberry isn’t your jam….sorry. That’s a bad pun but I just had to!
For your Buttercream
Don’t be an eco-disaster and don’t waste your money having to buy disposable bags over and over. I use these reusable piping bags all the time and I’m obsessed with them. They’re so easy.
This is the set of piping tips that I use for everything. The smallest tip is also the one I used to core out the center of my cupcake for the jam. However you can use an apple corer if you want to be fancy
Gel over liquid! Don’t ruin the consistency of your buttercream by using liquid. Plus, gel dye gives a much more vibrant and consistent color! Use this brand to ensure that your black comes out black (rather than greyish)
If you can afford the investment of a stand mixer, it’s well worth it. It makes buttercream a breeze to make. However! a good hand mixer does wonders too (you just can’t walk away while it’s running like you can with the stand mixer).
Hufflepuff Harry Potter Cupcakes
As with a real life Hufflepuff, these cupcakes are simple but bursting with sweetness. A classic vanilla cupcake filled with some tangy blackberry jam is just what you need after a long day (especially paired with a tasty tea and a cozy blanket).
Check out The Fulfillment Pill’s Instagram page for the cutest badger cupcake too!
Hufflepuff Blackberry Vanilla Harry Potter Cupcakes
- ½ cup butter melted
- 1 cup sugar
- 2 large eggs room temperature
- 1 tbsp pure vanilla
- ¾ cup milk room temperature
- 1½ cup flour spooned and leveled
- 1½ tsp baking powder
- ¼ tsp salt
- ½ cup Blackberry Jam
- Preheat oven to 350°F and line your muffin tin with reusable cupcake liners.
- Using a hand or stand mixer, cream together your butter and sugar until pale and fluffy (about 3-5 minutes). Then on medium-high speed beat in your vanilla and one egg at a time.
- Beat until combined and add your sour cream. Scrape the sides of your bowl as needed. Reduce your mixer speed to low and slowly add your dry ingredients (except your sprinkles)!! Mix until just incorporated and then pour in your milk.
- Mix in the milk until just BARELY combined then turn off your mixer. Now by HAND mix the rest of any lumps.
- With a cookie/ice cream scoop fill your cupcake liners ⅔ of the way full and bake for 20-22 minutes. (a toothpick will come out clean when done).
- Top with your Hufflepuff Swirled buttercream. (See Next Steps)
- Beat your butter until smooth. Slowly add your powdered sugar and vanilla extract. Continue to beat until smooth. Divide your buttercream in half into 2 bowls and add your yellow food coloring to one half and the black to the other half. Mix until combined.
- Transfer to a piping bag (for a swirl look alternate between black and yellow as your fill your bag). Pipe onto your cupcakes.
Even though Hufflepuff is such an underrated house, it is the glue that holds Hogwarts together. So they deserve to be celebrated with these tasty cupcakes.
Once you’ve made the coolest Harry Potter Hufflepuff cupcakes, take a pic, post it on the gram and make sure to tag me (@thefulfillmentpill)! I love seeing you creations and really, if you don’t post it on Instagram, did it even happen?
And of course, check out all of our other cupcake recipes as well to keep that sweet tooth satisfied!
Also, for funsies let me know what Hogwarts house you’re in in the comments below!
Sharing is caring! Do you know someone who would would love these Harry Potter Cupcakes? Share this post with them!
See you soon, friends!
Don’t forget to grab your FREE Perfect Cupcake Guide below to bake amazing cupcakes with ease! Trust me, you won’t regret it!