Margarita is ranked as America’s favorite cocktail and is amongst the most famous drinks worldwide. Some people like a frozen margarita, while others prefer a margarita on the rocks. You have opened this guide, so definitely you want to make margarita on the rocks with triple sec. To make this delicious cocktail, you have to pour your drink over the ice cubes. Each tiny ice cube is surrounded by liquid; hence it will melt slowly compared to the frozen margarita. For a complete margarita on the rocks recipe, read this article till the end.
Tequila, orange liquor, and lime these are the basic ingredients used to make a classic margarita. A perfect margarita should be fresh having crisp flavors. Use the given precise quantities to make a flavor margarita drink.
- 1 lime wedge and 2 lime wheels for garnishing
- Blanco tequila (4 ounces)
- Cointreau/triple- sec (2 ounces)
- Fresh lime juice (1 ½ ounce)
- Coarse salt for glass rim (1 tablespoon)
The quantities of the ingredients mentioned above are according to 2 servings. You can increase or decrease the ingredient quantities according to your serving size.
The entire recipe doesn’t take more than a few minutes to get ready. Make your refreshing and delicious margarita on the rocks by following the below-mentioned steps.
Rim Your Glass
Take a wedge of lime and rub it around the rim of your glasses. Also, dip the outside of your glasses’ rim in kosher salt.
Add Ingredients into Cocktail Shaker
First, add ice to the cocktail shaker. After adding ice, add other ingredients, including Blanco tequila, Cointreau/triple sec, and fresh lime juice to the shaker. If you want to add sweetness to your cocktail, use a little quantity of agave nectar.
Shake and Serve
Shake all the ingredients in a cocktail shaker for 10 seconds. Now strain the drink into an ice-filled rocks glass. Use lime wheels for garnishing, and here you go!
Follow the valuable tips to make your classic margarita exceptionally tasting and refreshing.
- Always use fresh ingredients. By fresh ingredients, I mean fresh lime juice. Do not go for bottles of lime juice, especially if it has lime oil. Fresh lime will taste way better than processed lime.
- Use 100% agave tequila. A fine quality tequila matters for a good-tasting margarita. If you buy cheap tequila, it will have artificial flavors. You can get good quality, moderately priced tequila from the market, so don’t worry about the price.
Frequently Asked Questions
1. Is triple sec necessary for margaritas?
Triple sec is a type of orange liquor that provides fruity flavors to a drink. It has sweet and bitter notes that make a drink flavorful. Triple sec is essential to make a well-made and delicious margarita.
2. How many calories does a margarita on the rocks have?
Margarita on the rocks with just lime, triple sec, and tequila offers you 153 calories. But if you add agave nectar to your cocktail, the calories will surely increase.
3. What is the difference between on the rocks and frozen margarita?
In frozen margarita, the ice is spread evenly throughout the drink. On the contrary, the cocktail is poured over solid ice rocks/cubes in a margarita on the rocks. The ingredients will be the same for both recipes.