I love Rice Krispies. You can make different treats and desserts with them as the main ingredient. When I am running short of time or feeling too lazy to wear my chef gown, I resort to making Fruity Pebble Rice Krispie treats. It is easy to make dessert and will take a total of 20-30 minutes to prepare. Don’t worry; this time also includes the cooling time.
Fruity Pebble Rice Krispie treats are an interesting variation from the classic recipe. These colorful, sugary, and awesomely tasty treats will set the mood right at any party. You can easily make them, and everyone’s going to love them. One of the best things about Fruity Pebbles is that they are free from gluten, so people following a diet plan will love to have a bite of these crunchy crispy Krispies. But hey, please let everyone know that these treats are not vegan as Marshmallows are used in the ingredients.
Also see: Pumpkin Pie Rice Krispie Treats Recipe
I have discussed the recipe below, and I am sure that once you master it, you are definitely going to make it your go-to dessert option. All the ingredients used in the making are simple and readily available in the kitchen. You will need a baking pan, a medium-sized saucepan, and a stove to prepare this scrumptiously savory delight.
FRUITY PEBBLE RICE KRISPIE TREATS
- 5 tbsp Unsalted butter
- 10 ounce Mini marshmallows
- ¼ tbsp Seat salt
- 2 cups Plain Rice Krispies Cereal
- 4 cups Fruity Pebbles Cereal
- Start by lining a 9 x 9-inch baking pan with parchment paper. Make sure you leave an overhang for easy removal. Shower the parchment paper lightly with cooking spray and keep it aside.
- Grab a medium or large-sized saucepan and set it over medium heat. Melt the butter. Once the butter is completely melted, add in half of your marshmallows. Stir regularly and make sure the marshmallows are melted, and gel in with the butter. If the things get too sticky, use a silicone spatula for stirring.
- Once the marshmallow smelt, remove the pan from heat. Add vanilla extract and salt.
- Now add Rice Krispies and Fruity Pebbles cereal gently and slowly and keep on stirring. Add the remaining marshmallows and keep on stirring. You must make sure that everything combines well.
- Set the lined baking pan on your counter and pour the mixture in it. Shower your hands with cooking spray lightly and gently press the bars on the pan. Please be careful here. You don’t want to hard press the bars as it will result in too firm bars, and no one’s going to like them.
- Let the bars cool completely. Once everything is all solid and cooled down, use the overhang to pull out the bars. Cut into squares.
Calories: 590kcal,protein: 7 grams, Fat: 9 grams, saturated fat: 6 grams, sodium: 770 milligram, fiber: 1 gram, calcium: 18 milligram, carbohydrates: 120 grams, cholesterol: 13 milligram, potassium: 100 milligram, sugar: 48 grams, vitamin C: 40 milligram, iron: 17 milligrams.
Please note that the nutritional information given above may not be 100% accurate. It may change according to the changes in recipes. I have prepared this information from the best available sources at the time of writing.
Some tips for Making Fruity Pebbles Rice Krispie Treats
- Pressing down part is very important. Never skip it, and make sure you do it gently and with love. I once pressed them too hard, and it looked like eating bricks. So please be careful here. Just a gentle press down with love will do the needful.
- Never forget to leave an overhang with the parchment paper. If you forget this, the treats won’t come out easily. The edges may break, and it won’t look pretty.
- Make sure you cut them with a sharp knife. I don’t like broken edges after preparing them with so much love and care.
- The trick lies in keeping the heat to the medium during the whole cooking process. If the heat is high, the marshmallows get hardened and make the Krispie bars hard. Remove the saucepan from heat as soon as Marshmallows are melted. Even a 10-second delay will cause problems. Keep on constantly stirring while they are melting.
- For a better taste and softer Fruity Pebbles Rice Krispie Treats, use fresh marshmallows.
- Be generous with the number of marshmallows. A less quantity of marshmallows will yield treats that will break easily. For extra taste and flavor, use the same ratio of marshmallows and cereal.
- For a different taste, feel free to add additional ingredients like peanut butter, Nutella, malt balls, crumbled slices of bacon, nutmeg, chocolate shavings, or chocolate chips. Each additional flavor will give a different taste.
Useful Tools while making Fruity Pebbles Rice Krispie Treats
Baking Pan: A baking pan is a great accessory for people who love to bake. I have the best of the best for you: Cuisinart 9-Inch non-stick pan. You can use it for hundreds of recipes. It comes with my recommendation and the trusted brand name of Cuisinart.
Spatula Set: When dealing with sticky things like marshmallows, butter, cheese, you need a silicone spatula. I use the U-Taste silicone spatula. It can tolerate heat up to 480 degrees Fahrenheit and is made from safe materials. It is dishwasher safe, won’t absorb the smell, and has an ergonomic design and a comfortable non-slip grip.
Set of Mixing Bowls: Mixing bowls are in abundance in every kitchen. However, if you are looking for a new set of mixing bowls or replace the old ones, Nordic offers an excellent option. You get a set of 4 pieces in an affordable range.
Parchment Paper: There are thousands of uses for parchment paper in every household. If you are running out of your current stock, I have got the best high-quality parchment paper for you at the best price. I know the importance of saving while buying stuff for the kitchen. Hence, I try to mention the most economical things for you.
Time spent right can help you create wonders. Fruity Pebble Rice Krispie Treats are one of those wonders. In just 30 minutes, you have a delicious and unique dessert ready with you. We are sure that your dish will be the center of attraction at the next party.