One of the best things about Ireland is its food. Ireland produces one of the best dairy products and meat in the world. Its recipes and traditional dishes are one of a kind. Either it is the main course, dessert, or a drink, Irish food is one of the most loved and unique.
Today, I am going to discuss a unique Irish dessert with you. Not only is its taste unique, but its name is also exclusive. Known by the name of Fifteens, it will be a favorite at the dinner table.
FIFTEENS: A TRADITIONAL IRISH DESSERT
- 4 Full-size Mars Bars
- 25 - 30 Pieces Digestive Biscuits
- 4 Full-size Twixes
- 1 Cup Malteasers
- 4 Full-size Crunchies
- 1 Can Sweetened Condensed Milk 400 grams
- 1 Cup Mini Marshmallows
- 1 ½ Cup Shredded Coconut
- ¼ Cup Pink Sanding Sugar
- Begin by crushing the digestive biscuits in a food processor. You can also use a grinder to crush the biscuits. Make sure that the grind quality is fine and not coarse. Once crushed, add the biscuits into a large mixing bowl.
- Cut the chocolate bars into small cubes. You can do this by cutting the bars first lengthwise and then width wise in quarters. Add them to the mixing bowl.
- Now add the marshmallows to the mixing bowl and mix everything.
- It is now time to add the condensed milk. You will need to add it little by little and keep on stirring after each addition. Don’t add the next portion of the milk until all of the previous milk has been mixed well.
- Grab your silicone baking mats and wrap the log in between them. Roll the log tightly and compress it from the sides.
- Once shaped into logs, add the pink coconut. Now rewrap the log in the baking mats and chill for a couple of hours. Once it is all solid and chill, slice with a sharp knife and enjoy.
Calories: 900 Kcal
Please note that the nutritional information may not be 100% correct and can vary depending on the ingredients used.
Things Needed for Making Fifteens:
Fifteens is one of the recipes for which finding some ingredients may get a bit difficult. To help you out and make things easy for you, I have mentioned the things I usually use to make fifteens.
- Digestive biscuits are one of the original biscuits from the UK. This one is delivered from the UK and may take up to 10 days. So plan your dessert accordingly.
- While many people prefer buying chocolates from grocery stores, you can always find original chocolates online as well. Crunchie Bars, Mars, and Malteasers are easily available.
- Silicone baking mats are important for making fifteens and in a lot of other recipes.
- A lot of people have food processors in their homes. If you are looking to buy a new one or replace your old one, here is one of the best ones available in the market.
Some Tips for making Fifteens
- Add the condensed milk slowly, and make sure you mix it well before adding some more.
- The wetness in the biscuits must be moderate. The biscuits must stick together but must not be too wet.
- Coconut adds aesthetic value to the fifteens. I always use pink coconut to make the rolls appear attractive.
- You must chill the rolls for at least 2 hours. This time is needed to solidify the rolls. If the fifteens are not chilled properly, they will get de-shaped during cutting.
- Make sure you use a sharp knife. The Maltesers are very hard to cut through.
Now that you know how to make fifteens, it is time you take your dessert game international. I am sure you are going to love it. Fifteens will keep everyone guessing, and you will keep on getting amazing comments and feedback on them.