Are you planning some kitchen time with your kids or looking forward to giving them a surprise birthday party. Then I have a perfect idea for you. Edible Unicorn Horns. They are colorful, look fantastic, tasty, delicious, and are a mood lifter for sure. There is no way on earth that you look at them and don’t feel happy.
Edible Unicorn Horns Recipe
- 6 small/medium Sugar cones
- 1 cup White chocolate
- 1 cup Pink candy melts
- - - Rainbow sprinkles
- Begin by heating the candy melts in a microwave-safe bowl or in a saucepan. If you are using a microwave oven, keep the power settings on medium heat and set the time for 2-3 minutes. Stir after30 seconds until the melts are melted. If you are heating on a stove, make sure you keep the heat low or medium and keep on stirring. Be careful while handling the hot bowl from the microwave.
- Melt the chocolate in the same way.
- Spread parchment paper or a silicone baking sheet on a tray or countertop and scoop 2-3 tablespoons of melted chocolate on it.
- Grab a sugar cone and roll it on the melted chocolate. Make sure that the outside of the cone is coated nicely and no empty spots are left.
- Do the same for candy melts.
- Use sprinkles of your choice, such as stars, edible pearls, and edible galaxy sprinkles. Make sure you garnish the sprinkles while the candy melts are warm and soft.
- Let the cones stand for 10-15 minutes to dry and harden.
Carbohydrates: 34 grams, protein: 3 grams, fat: 16 grams, cholesterol: 10 milligram, sodium: 57 milligram, potassium: 148 milligram, sugar: 30 grams, vitamin A: 10IU, vitamin C: 0.2 milligram, calcium: 103 milligram, iron: 0.3 milligram.
Some Tips and Tools for Making Edible Unicorn Horns
- If you are making the horns in hot weather, store them in the refrigerator once they are ready. Chocolate melts pretty fast in hot and humid environments. The best way to deal with this problem is to keep the cones upright in a tray and place them in a refrigerator. Don’t freeze them.
- You can also use multiple color candy melts for making unicorn cones. Make sure you melt them separately and coat them in layers or random portions on the sugar cones.
- Are you looking for new microwave-safe bowls, don’t look any further. These bowls are the best of the lot. These bowls are dishwasher and freezer safe as well. You get 2 years warranty on glass. The high-quality glass stays clear of odors, flavors, and stains.
- Silicone baking sheets or parchment paper is a necessary kitchen item for people who bake or try out different recipes.
Edible unicorn horns are a great way to make things look unique on the table. Whenever I want to make something different for a special occasion or surprise my kids with a tasty treat, I prefer recipes like edible unicorn horns. Try it once, and I am sure you will love it.