Everyone loves a good lunch and a dinner, but what about a tasty breakfast. A delicious and savory breakfast will set the mood for the day. Many people keep their daily breakfast routine simple like coffee and eggs but look for a proper breakfast for holidays, special occasions, and special dates like birthdays, anniversaries, or any other special day in your life.
Today, I am going to discuss a special breakfast recipe with you. If you love cinnamon, you are going to love the crock pot cinnamon roll casserole. It is a simple-to-make recipe with easily available ingredients. It takes around 3 hours to prepare, so plan accordingly.
Crock Pot Cinnamon Roll Casserole Recipe
Crock Pot Cinnamon Roll Casserole Recipe
- 2 cans Cinnamon rolls Any kind will work fine
- 4 whole Eggs
- ½ cup Milk You can also use almond milk
- 3 tbsp Maple Syrup
- 2 teaspoons Vanilla
- 1 teaspoon Cinnamon
- Begin by opening the cinnamon rolls can and keep aside the icing for later.
- Cut all the cinnamon rolls into quarters. Don’t chop them. You must not cut them smaller than quarters.
- Grab your crock pot and spray it with a nonstick spray. Place half of the cut cinnamon rolls on the base of the crock pot.
- Use a small bowl to mix eggs, maple syrup, cinnamon, vanilla, and milk. Make sure you mix them well.
- Add the mixed ingredients to the crock pot and place the remaining cinnamon rolls on the top.
- Now sprinkle one icing packet over the cinnamon rolls.
- Close the lid of the crock pot carefully and cook on low heat settings for 2 - 2 ½ hours. While cinnamon roll casserole is being prepared, you can work on other things like making other dishes for brunch or decide on your drinks and sides.
- Once the casserole is ready, remove the lid and spread an icing pack over the cinnamon rolls.
- Serve right away with a glass of milk. You will love the taste.
Fat: 12 grams, cholesterol: 66 milligrams, sodium: 518 milligrams, potassium: 53 milligrams, carbohydrates: 39 grams, Protein: 5 grams, vitamin A: 115IU, calcium: 33 milligrams, iron: 1.4 milligrams.
Please note that the nutritional information may not be 100% correct. It can vary according to the changes in the recipe. The above information has been provided using the best available sources.
Some Tips and Tools for making Crock Pot Cinnamon Roll Casserole
- Crock Pot: A crock pot is compulsory for making recipes like cinnamon roll casserole. This crockpot is one of the best available in the market. I use it myself, and it never lets me down.
- Serving Plates: If you are making a casserole for a special event, it is best you go with new plates. However, if you are on a tight budget, I suggest you stay away from such extra spending.
- Cooking Bags and Slow Cooker Liners: Place the liners in the crockpot before adding the ingredients. Carry on with your recipe as directed, and don’t worry about the liner. They are hygienic to be used and approved by relevant authorities. Once you are done, remove the liner and enjoy a no-clean cook.
- Cutting Board and Knives: If you don’t already have quality cutting boards and knives, I have got you covered. This cutting board and knives are the best of the best.
- Make sure you check your cooker before cooking. Its wattage and age impact the heat settings. So, check on the progress now and then.
- You can also use applesauce instead of eggs. If you don’t like eggs or want to add a bit more moisture in your cinnamon roll casserole, use ¾ or 1 cup of applesauce.
- You can also store the leftovers or make a casserole beforehand, especially for breakfast. Just heat it in a microwave oven and enjoy a glass of milk. Use an airtight container for the refrigerator.
- Try adding a little amount of melted butter and see the magic. Butter makes the casserole go gooey, soft, and yummy.
- You can introduce a variation in this recipe by adding fresh apple pieces. Make sure you add it after the first layer of the cinnamon rolls and cook on a slow setting.
- You can also add ½ cup of brown sugar on top of the second layer before adding icing. Now top with sliced bananas and enjoy.
- You can also use heavy cream instead of milk. However, it will result in a thicker casserole which may be difficult to digest for everyone.
- If you notice a layer of liquid on top of the casserole after opening the lid of the slow cooker, don’t panic. It is the melted icing and looks like clear/cloudy liquid. Give some time to crockpot and let it sit for 10-20 minutes. The icing will return to its original creamy foam shape.
- Make sure you spray the crockpot with nonstick cooking spray.
- Feel free to add some extra toppings while serving. Once on the plate, you can garnish with chopped pecans, walnuts, or almonds. You can turn the casserole into a dessert with a scoop of ice cream. Vanilla goes well with cinnamon rolls.
- You can sweeten up the things with an extra layer of maple syrup.
Cinnamon roll casserole is an amazing treat for breakfast and brunch. Some people also like it as a dessert. No matter what time of day you eat it. If cooked right and with attention to detail, I am sure you are going to love it. Amaze your friends and family with your cooking skills by making this crock pot cinnamon roll casserole at the next gathering.