These cinnamon applesauce muffins are soft, sweet, and egg-free! They’re an easy recipe to make on a Sunday morning to enjoy with your hot coffee + help you avoid the Sunday Scaries.
I probably make these once a month and then deliver the extras to my neighbors. It’s almost like I’m Little Red Riding Hood. 😂 But I have to because they’re so good and there’s no way yo’ girl should be eating 24 muffins in one sitting like I tend to do if they’re taunting me in the kitchen.
Disclosure: Some of the links below may be affiliate links. This means that at no extra cost to you, I may earn a small commission if you use the links. To learn more click here.
Before we get into it, do you want to receive baking tips, hacks, and secret recipes every single Friday?
Join our email list and get access to all that and more PLUS be part of a super awesome growing community of beginner bakers! What do you have to lose? (Nothing. So sign up and I’ll see you there)!
Materials for Your Applesauce Muffins
I have to pause for a minute to rant about these bad bois.
I love, love, LOVE reusable cupcake liners. They’re eco-friendly, create less trash and I never have to go out and buy more.
(Actually, I recently had to buy more but that’s only because my dog ate 3 of them when I wasn’t looking and you can bet your ass I was not using them again when they came out the other end🤢🤢).
Technically, they are dishwasher safe, but I tend to wash them in a big bowl of soapy water to make sure all the crevices get clean too. Even so, the non-stick silicone makes cleaning a breeze and so #worthit to save the planet.
Tips for Your Cinnamon Applesauce Muffin Recipe
- They should have a nice elasticity and bounce back, just like the youthful skin of our 20s.
- Sticking a toothpick in the centers of these isn’t going to work. Why? Because. These are moist, soft, and applesauce-y muffins…you will over cook them if you wait until your toothpick comes out clean.
Cinnamon Applesauce Muffins
- 2 cups flour
- 2⅓ cups unsweetened applesauce
- ¾ cup brown sugar
- ¼ cup granulated sugar
- ¾ cup melted butter unsalted
- 3 tsp cinnamon
- 1½ tsp baking soda
- ¼ tsp salt
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- Preheat your oven to 375°F/190°C and line your cupcake tins with your handy dandy eco-friendly reusable silicone cupcake liners.
- In a large mixing bowl, mix all your ingredients together until well combined.
- Fill your cupcake liner ¾ of the way full and bake them for 18-20 minutes or until the tops are still spongy but not sticky. Allow to cool before removing them from their cupcake liners.
- Store any extras in an airtight container for up to a week.
These are tasty warm or cold but I definitely prefer them warm and spread with butter…you know since I’m all about that health factor. 🙄
I’ve also found that these are even more amazing (bet you didn’t think that was possible) with homemade applesauce! But don’t be intimidated, homemade applesauce is the easiest thing to make. Check out this pink strawberry applesauce recipe here.
So once you’ve made these cinnamon applesauce muffins, take a pic, post it on the gram and make sure to tag me (@thefulfillmentpill)! I love seeing you creations and really, if you don’t post it on Instagram, did it even happen?
Sharing is caring! Do you know someone who would love these applesauce? Share it with them! Spread that muffin love.
Let me know what you thought of this recipe below! ❤❤❤
Want awesome recipes and access to all my baking knowledge? Get both and more sent straight to your inbox! Sign up below!