Buttercream candy truffles are an amazing addition to your dessert arsenal. Butter and chocolate are two of my favorite ingredients in desserts. When I am making something with them as the main ingredients, the mood is altogether on a different level. One of the best things about the buttercream candy truffles is that they can be made from leftover frostings. Either you make them from leftover frostings or from scratch; you are going to love having them. Buttercream candy truffles will give a different look and taste to the table. Let’s check out the recipe.
Buttercream Candy Truffles Recipe
Buttercream Candy Truffles Recipe
- ½ cup Unsalted Butter at room temperature
- 4 cup Confectioner’s Sugar
- 3 tbsp Milk
- 2 teaspoon Vanilla Extract
- ½ teaspoon Almond Extract
- 1 pinch salt
- 4 bars Semi-sweet baking chocolate
- 1 teaspoon Vegetable Oil
For Buttercream Fillings
- Start by beating the butter in the bowl of a stand mixer with a paddle attachment. You can also do this in a large bowl using a handheld mixer. You will need to beat the butter for at least 3-4 minutes or until it gets creamy.
- Once the butter is creamy, add the confectioner’s sugar. Beat the butter and sugar on low settings for a minute. Now add milk, almond, vanilla extract, and salt. Beat the mixture on high settings until it gets smooth and creamy. It may take 3-4minutes.
- Cover the bowl with a wrapping sheet and place the mixture in the refrigerator. You must chill it for a minimum of 2 hours to get it solid and manageable.
- Line a baking sheet with parchment paper and remove the chilled and frozen buttercream from the refrigerator.
- Scoop out the buttercream using a one tablespoon scoop and give it a ball shape. Place the scoop on the parchment-lined baking sheet. If you feel like the buttercream is getting too sticky, rub your fingers with the confectioner’s sugar.
- Place the scoops in the refrigerator to chill. One to two hours of refrigeration time is advisable. However, you can store up to 24 hours.
- If you have some leftover frostings, you can skip this step.
For Chocolate Coatings
- Add the chocolate pieces and vegetable oil to a microwave-safe bowl. It is best to heat the chocolate for 20 second periods and stir after every 20 seconds. Heat until the chocolate gets creamy. Once the chocolate is melted, wait for 5-10 minutes before dipping the buttercream balls.
- It is best to melt the chocolate pieces in the last few minutes of chilling the buttercream balls.
- Take out the buttercream balls from the refrigerator. Drop one ball in the melted chocolate at a time. Make sure that every ball is covered in the chocolate completely.
- With the help of a fork, remove the buttercream balls from the melted chocolate, and place them on the parchment-lined baking sheet.
- You can garnish the balls with remaining chocolate shavings, nutmeg, dry coconut sprinkles, or crushed cookies.
- Place the chocolate balls in the refrigerator for at least 30 minutes or until the chocolate has set.
- You can store the candies for up to 2 weeks in an air-tight container.
Buttercream candy truffles are a unique and tasty addition to your dessert menu. Now that you know how to make them, try them at the next gathering. Buttercream candy truffles are ideal for Christmas parties, housewarming gifts, birthday gifts, or BBQ events.
1 thought on “Buttercream Candy Truffles Recipe”
Thanks for sharing this quick recipe. Both of my kids love buttercream candy truffles. Now, I can make it for them at home.